Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Books, Syllabi, & Care Packages

I received both of my syllabi for my classes this semester!!!!!  I am soooooo excited!!!!  And ridiculously nervous; I am really hoping I am smart enough for this...

For my Leadership Theory class, we had to choose a leader ( could be any) to analyze their leadership tactics and write our final paper on.  This gave me pause for concern as the term "leader" could be taken in many different directions.  I finally settled on Lt. General Hal Moore

We Were Soldiers is my favorite war movie and I am always inspired by his leadership as it is portrayed, so I decided to get up close and personal with Hal and his leadership qualities over the next semester.

Along with reading about Hal, I finished Voyager and am now moving onto the next installment of the Outlander series, Drums of Autumn and I am pretty excited!  I have not watched seasons 4 & 5 yet, so no spoilers! 

In true Outlander spirit, I also preordered this gem:

Such fun! Maybe it will spark ideas for that Scottish vacation I was talking about... ;) 

I received a surprise care package from my brother and sister-in-law and it was so cute and thoughtful! I was just completely touched!  And how cute (and fitting) is the card they sent:


I hope everyone has a great rest of the week!  The pups and I will be taking short outdoor breaks to combat this crazy triple digit heat and drinking plenty of water!  

Anyone else wilting in this summer heat too?  Is it too early to wish for Fall? 

4 comments:

  1. I love it so much. I love care packages.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm used to creating them for my husband, but it was definitely nice to receive one! :)

      Delete
  2. It is NOT too early for fall. It is NOT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am melting!!! Definitely wishing for some October weather!

      Delete

Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...