Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Doggy Daycare, Audible, & Truck Stuff

Life in OK has been HOT!!!!! And by hot, I mean 105* with a real feel of 115* hot.  Days like that make playing outside with the dogs super difficult: they want to play, but we can really only do about 20 minute increments before we need to head back inside.  As a treat, I loaded up the puppies and took them to doggy daycare so they could play and socialize with all of their friends in the air conditioned playrooms.  When picking them up, I received the most interesting report on my little bud Max: he is always the last one out of the playroom when they go outside for breaks.  This time, he managed to find their food bin, unlatch it, and take a nibble on his way out....he also managed to do that on the way back in to the playroom....I swear I feed them

Do not let those soulful eyes fool you....

Phil reads/listens to a lot of leadership books and one thing we try to do together is listen to them and chat about the parts we find interesting and how we can both incorporate what we are learning into our fields.  I am currently listening to this one:


We have listened to some of Jocko Willink's other books and enjoyed them thoroughly and he is really nice to listen to (I don't know what he looks like, but I think he sounds like John Cena, so that is who I picture reading to me lol).  We also really enjoyed Dan Crenshaw's book Fortitude.  

The last time Phil was deployed (about 4 years ago) I had put new tires on the truck.  Before he left, he told me that they would probably last me through the summer, but that we needed them pretty soon.  That day came yesterday!  Somehow and somewhere on my in town travels, I picked up a nail in my rear drivers side tire.  I begrudgingly took it to Firestone after needing a pep talk from my mom, dad, Phil, and my mom's boss who is a retired Colonel from the Army....vehicle maintenance is not my thing and makes me nervous for reasons I do not understand.  The man at Firestone was really nice and as he looked at my tire he told me apologetically, " Ma'am I cannot fix your tire, it is so worn down the only thing you can do is replace the tire...please let me put new tires on this truck".   He helped me pick out some good ones (I think?) and on they went and I was good to go in an hour.  

I'm also going back next week because I need both rear and front brakes....the adventure continues...

An actual photo of me this summer:

I hope everyone has a great week!!  Does anyone else out there dislike vehicle maintenance or is it just me?  Let me know what y'all are listening to on audible!

5 comments:

  1. I haven't listened to an audiobook since last year. I think I'm kind of over them? I used to listen to 2+ a month.
    Ugh. Vehicle maintenance during deployments is the worst.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You used to crush them! I listen to them on my walks or sometimes when I drive somewhere. Phil plows through them! The man is an Audible machine!
      Vehicle maintenance is the worst! I don’t know why I hate it so much, but for some reason, I just loathe it

      Delete
  2. Your dogs are precious. Good luck with vehicle maintenance. Miss you.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...