Thursday, August 27, 2020

Classes, Flowers, & More Truck Stuff

 THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL CAME!!!  I have been thinking about this day since I officially accepted the offer into the University of Tennessee's Doctoral Program in June, and it finally came!

The occasion obviously called for a First Day of School picture: 


GO VOLS!

I was full of excitement Monday morning!  However, my classes are at 5pm, so by 3:30pm, I began to pace.  The dogs were huge supporters as they too walked laps around my house.

By 4:30pm I was in full pace/panic mode when I received a very sweet surprise:


Phil is the sweetest :)

About halfway through class I realized that this is just school, and it felt really good to be back in the saddle.  The build up to my Tuesday class was a lot better. 

                                                


Max and Penny were there to cheer me on!

Also good news: in addition to four brand new tires, I am now the proud owner of new rear and front brakes!!  I can do all sorts of truck stuff now with my new tires AND stop when I want to...life is good and hopefully vehicle maintenance free for now.



This made me chuckle because as much as my dogs hate anyone who rings the doorbell or heaven forbid someone knocks, they have a canny ability to tell when its the Chewy delivery...then they look at me wondering why it's taking me so long to bring that beautiful box in....that's because its heavy and I have to wrestle it inside the door with a doggy audience.


I hope everyone has a great week!! How is school going for everyone?  Are you all doing online or in person learning?

2 comments:

  1. I love that Phil always sends you flowers for special days!
    Do you have class every day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, it’s so sweet! I have class Monday and Tuesday nights from 5-8pm! Then I have the rest of the week for homework and reading...so far I love that schedule!

      Delete

Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...