Sunday, October 8, 2017

Early Mornings, Visits, & Running

So back in the winter I was trying that whole "workout before work" thing in order to fit extra training in for our half marathon on Super Bowl Sunday.  Once that was over, I dropped that like a hot potato and gained an extra hour or so of sleep in the morning.  That being said, for the past three weeks, I have been getting up at 4:30am to hit the gym before work.  It has just seemed a lot easier because after school I have cheer practice (I am the assistant cheer coach at my middle school) and by the time I get home from that, all I really want to do is eat and sit on the couch until I can go to bed.  Surprisingly, I really LOVE getting up and hitting the gym early!  It is not the struggle it was in the winter at all! I start the day feeling super productive and awake! And having my metabolism revved all day is a nice side benefit.


Max typically isn't a fan of that alarm, but he doesn't like any alarm, so there's that.

Speaking of Max, he got to have a great play date with his new doggy pal Bear!  This was so awesome because I think Max is going through withdrawal from seeing all of his friends (and girlfriends) at doggy daycare, so this was much needed!  Phil and I got to have a people date with our friends, and our dogs got to run around like crazy, sniffing and licking everything...it was pretty great for these dog parents!


Look at that doggy grin!

Phil had signed us up for a 10k race up in the city this morning about three weeks ago.  Now in the time he told me about it, signed us up,  to this morning when the race actually occurred, I ran a total of ZERO times.  I had every intention of running a bit to keep in shape and all that jazz, but it really just didn't happen.  But, this morning I actually had a great race!  I hit a PR and placed third!  I am super happy about that, because somewhere around mile 4, I was really thinking of how I wanted a drink and to stop.  I shut down that negativity in my head, and just kept plugging away and it actually worked...who knew?


I think the best part of the race is Phil's outfit...

Phil and I are doing the dance where we think about getting a second dog again.  Normally, we dance, I overthink, and we move on.  However,  lately, it does feel like Max is just sad or lonely and it is really starting to get to me!  Does anyone have any advice on getting a second dog?  Max will be 4 years old in December and it probably won't occur until after school is out for the summer, but did anyone overthink as much as I do?  Did your dogs get along?  Is it better to get a girl since we already have a boy?  So many questions!

Any advice is appreciated!! :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! :)

Linking up with Bianca!

10 comments:

  1. Sometimes you run your best race when you have zero desire to be doing it but you push along because you just want to be done haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so true! That happened with the 5k and the 10k! But I am soooo sore today that I wish I had ran just a tad!

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh, good for you on getting up early to work out! I don't think I could wake up any earlier than I do for work. LOL

    Aw, Max! I'm glad he had a nice playdate.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    here from the Weekending link up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The alarm does suck, but then once it goes off, I am up anyway so its good! Max was so happy after it, made me feel so good! :)

      Delete
  3. I don't have dog advice other than to get another dog. I never wanted two but I think it's necessary because it'll add a lot to Max's quality of life :) There's NEVER a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you're right, but I just want to make sure I give the new dog enough love and attention! Maybe Thanksgiving or Christmas Break...

      Delete
  4. Good for you for getting up before work to workout! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It gives me a nice little kickstart for the day!

      Delete

Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...