Sunday, October 15, 2017

Dogs, Running, & Food Trucks

I had an earth-shattering epiphany this week: maybe if I ran steadily, I wouldn't be in soooo much pain after I decide to run a race.  I was thinking this as EVERY muscle in my body from my ribs down were boycotting life on Monday and Tuesday.  So, in order to remedy some of that, I have ran every night this week!  I have ranged from 1-2 miles and they have been just slow and steady...definitely not breaking any speed records or coming close to my race times, but just an easy pace to get back in the swing of things.    It has actually felt really amazing (except on Monday and Tuesday, that completely sucked, not going to lie) and it makes me happy getting back into running.  I have been more focused on lifting and exploring exercises with weights that I have let running slip on by (that and it was 100+ degrees everyday in the summer).  I still lift after my runs, but it just makes my heart happy to be running steadily once more.

On Saturday, Phil and I, along with some friends, went to Wichita Falls, TX to just poke around.  And to participate in the Food Truck Fest! I have never really eaten from a food truck and I see them on cooking shows all the time, but haven't ever eaten at one.  But you bet I got a street taco from a legit food truck on Saturday!  It was so fun to mix and mingle and people watch! The hardest part was choosing which truck I wanted to eat from!

Once the school year starts, I have a hard time fitting in any reading time.  I read a lot and it is one of the ways I unwind and relax, and I (as well as Phil) can always tell when I haven't been reading enough.  This week I destroyed this book:


It was really good and the first of a series!  I have the next one arriving on Monday...happy day!

Max is also obviously, very excited...

Speaking of Max, we also have had the pleasure of having a guest dog in the house!  His name is Bear and he is amazing...literally! He and Max had their first playdate last week and Max has been a whole new dog having Bear here in the house.  He has been back to his happy self and this dog mama couldn't be happier!



It has been so fun having them both here, definitely contemplating that second dog now! Maybe over Thanksgiving or Christmas Break...


Max is now snoring on the couch as he has played more in the last few days then he has in months!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! :)

Anyone have any cute fall decoration ideas for outside?  Phil and I are thinking of decorating the outside of our house and any ideas are appreciated!

Linking up with Bianca!

6 comments:

  1. I have a friend that lives in Wichita Falls and she loves it there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s a cute and quirky place! I really enjoyed it...and their street tacos!

      Delete
  2. Aw, I'm glad Max had a nice play date! I LOVE food trucks - they are so much fun. :)

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    #weekending

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally just want to find all of the food trucks now! I am on a street taco mission!! :)

      Delete
  3. What a great weekend! My husband still holds out hope that we'll somehow get orders to KS next, but I don't think it's going to happen. Also, how cute are those pups together?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I’ve heard a lot of nice things about Kansas! We have a couple friends who are stationed there! Oh my goodness they were soooo cute and it was so fun having Bear! Definitely moving in on the second dog plan! :)

      Delete

Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...