Sunday, November 5, 2017

Wedding Dresses, Disappointment & Running

Hello everyone!  Sorry for the absence, life has been CRAZY lately, and honestly, I am just enjoying the ride.  I took a whirlwind of a trip back home because my cousin is getting married and I'm her MATRON OF HONOR!!!  So I am super, super excited! So I flew home for Fall Break because it was time to find her wedding dress!  She did say yes to her dress and she is absolutely stunning; I cannot wait for June to get here so I can watch her and her fiancé make the vow of forever :)


After that it was a whirlwind until Halloween!  I love Halloween, I love watching Hocus Pocus, Scooby Doo movies, pumpkins, decorations, and most of all, trick-or-treating!  Last year we lived in a neighborhood that had lots of kids and I was blessed with only THREE trick-or-treaters.  This disappointment is strong to this day my friends.  Well this year, we live in a neighborhood with kids again and I was ready!  I had Halloween music playing, a big bowl of candy (all chocolate) and a cute dog!  Wonderful!

No, it was bad, awful, and just sad.  Max and I had only TWO trick-or-treaters!  I was soooo bummed!


Max was just as unhappy...

So, I compulsively ate 5 pieces of candy and we watched the Hocus Pocus marathon on TV.  I think I am boycotting the trick-or-treat part of Halloween next year, my heart cannot continue to take this disappointment.

Poor Phil has been in the field this past week and a few days this coming week; well he gets home around 9-10pm and then is out of the house at 6am.  I think that is worse than just being out there completely!  But with him in the field this weekend, I thought it was a good idea to get some good gym time in, walks with Max and some running done.  The only time I have been running lately is when I have a race, and I mean I only run the day of the race, nothing leading up to it.  I had gotten back in the habit, but then I went home and things got crazy!  But this weekend I have put in 7.5 miles (total) and I am feeling good about this start.

I really want to sign up for a half marathon up in Tulsa next month, but for some reason I am having a hard time actually doing it.  I feel excited, but super nervous!  Does that happen to anyone else?

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!  There is a LOTR marathon on TV today and Max and I are holding down the couch: snacks and sweet tea included! :)


Linking up with Bianca!

8 comments:

  1. Bummer about not having many trick or treaters! That seriously makes me sad too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?!?! It was just not a good experience! And then I felt the need to eat quite a bit of the candy...

      Delete
  2. Aw, I'm sorry you had hardly any trick or treaters! That's crazy! I don't usually get many because our neighborhood has very few kids.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It was so sad! I just kept wondering where they all went!

      Delete
  3. haha The introvert in me avoid the idea of trick-or-treaters. Scott loves it though.
    I'd say to sign up for the half. It's nice to have something you're working toward.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...