Sunday, April 7, 2019

Cross Stitching, Cold Sores, & Testing

State testing is exhausting!!! Whew!  Our kiddos handled it like champs last week and I hope they got enough rest over this weekend for Week 2.  They had the ELA and Writing last week which leaves Math and Science this week.   I will be excited to have testing over with so we can get back to doing fun things like research writing and reading our novels....at least I think that's fun...English teachers ;)

However, with the stress of testing and Phil being gone on training, I have managed to give myself a beautiful cold sore :(  So I will be sporting a puffy and sore lip for most of this week...Abreva do your thing!!  I think I need new ways to cope with stress lol; the gym, chocolate and my puppies aren't doing the normal job!

Speaking of the puppies, how cute do they look:


They went to doggy daycare today and then got groomed.  Max was happy because he received his Blueberry Facial and Penny got the de-shedding treatment (hello blowing winter coat).  They earned their bandanas and also posed for this photo under the pretense of getting a cookie...they may have gotten two because I'm a sucker.

I have started a new project: cross stitching!

I have absolutely NO experience in this craft, but lucky for me, my amazing friend Julie is awesome at it and is willing to take me under her wing.

This is the pattern that I am working on:


I was honored to be inducted into the Order of Molly Pitcher this winter and would love to do this pattern justice.


I am currently 6 stitches in....


I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Anyone else have any hobbies they are just starting out?  Or any cross stitch advice?

2 comments:

  1. While I really missed going back to school in the fall, I did not in January, because that's the beginning of testing season. Ugh. Good luck this week!
    I used to make a wreaths as a mindless hobby to do while I watched TV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making wreathes sounds fun! And thank you!! I will be soooo happy when it is over and we can do fun English things!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...