Sunday, April 14, 2019

M&Ms, Rain, & A Sick Pupper

State testing is over!  Wahoo!! It has been a long two weeks, but we have conquered those tests and are now on our way to fun things - again, probably English teacher fun ;)

I had a sweet delivery to the school this week:


Phil has been away at training and must have sensed that I needed a boost...he was right! Insert sigh and heart eyes.

I had another sweet surprise this week and it came in the form of a bag of M&Ms:


A small gesture with such a huge impact that I literally cried.  A student bought these for me and told me: "Miss, these are for you because you never give up on us and sometimes we really don't deserve that, so thanks.  And your cold sore looks really painful.  And you miss Phil."-7th grader

It is those types of moments that really bring me to my knees sometimes and remind me why I do this everyday.

We had an all day rain/wind soaker on Saturday; spring was in full force here in OK!  The dogs and I enjoyed spending all day on the couch watching cartoons and Hallmark movies (the Spring movies are super cute!)


As you can see, the couch was well guarded...

Sadly, our night was super chaotic with a sick little pupper :( Poor Penny has been hit with some tummy distress, so Sunday has passed with Clorox wipes, multiple baths, laundry, and more couch cuddles.  She is extra snuggly when she is sick, so we have made sure to grab all of those that we could today.


Max embraced the cuddle day as well:


He feels fine, he just didn't want to be left behind...also I am unsure how the position could even remotely be comfortable...maybe if I did yoga I would understand better.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!  We have a four day week to celebrate Easter!

Anyone have any Easter plans or traditions that they are looking forward to?

4 comments:

  1. I hope she's on the mend. Yay for testing being over and your honey coming home soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Definitely ready for a mellow end of the school year :)

      Delete
  2. Sick puppies are the worst! They can't tell you what's wrong and then, if you're me, you end up leaving work early to take them to the vet. I hope Penny feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are!! She seems better today, more like her normal self, but tummy is still off. Hoping she gets better yet before I break down and take her to the vet!

      Delete

Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...