Sunday, April 30, 2017

Vet Visits, Snow Storms, & Friends

I think the only thing worse than going to the doctor, is taking Max to the vet.  It is vaccine season my friends and it is no fun.

Max was traumatized: the poor puppy is of the motto to sniff first before he decides if you're going to be friends or not.  Now anything with fur is an automatic friend and playmate, but with people, he likes to sniff and take stock.  He's always been like this.  Now after he sniffs you, and he feels like you're friends, then he will need you to give him a belly rub; but this was not the case on that dreadful Friday morning.  The vet comes into the exam room, announces that she has to do the heart worm test and needs a blood sample, grabs his leash from me, and hauls him out saying that the vet tech will hold him.  Let's  just say, that didn't go over well with Max.  He barked, pulled away and tried to run; can you blame him?  After that ordeal was over, we needed a spoonful of peanut butter to relax.


We were tuckered out!

On Saturday, we were blessed with an end of April Snow Storm!  Now normally, I would have sighed and been over the whole "snow" thing, but this one was fun because, well, its the end of April, it won't last.  So Max and I had oodles of fun purging things from the house (like the box my computer came in; 99.9% sure I really don't need that anymore) and finally unclogging the drain (sadly I have to take responsibility for that one).


It's hard to believe you could misplace the Rockies, but we did that on Saturday...they needed a break.


This is the face you make when you get to sleep in until 7am three days in a row...I actually think Max was happier about sleeping in that I was!

I am looking forward to next weekend because I get the pleasure of having one of my friends from grade school come visit!  I haven't seen her in a while, as we live on opposite sides of the country, and it will be so great to catch up!  I about bounced out of my slippers when she called me up yesterday and asked if I would like a visitor...umm, YEAH!! GIRLS NIGHT!

For now it's time to grab some cereal, re-visit the plans for school, and get ready for the first week of May!  I hope everyone has a fantastic week! :)

Oh, does anyone use dry shampoo and have recommendations?  This is the latest beauty product that I feel like I need in my life, but I get a little overwhelmed at the store with all of the options!

Linking up with Bianca!

10 comments:

  1. Awww poor Max! It's so hard taking pets to the vet because they have no idea what is going on. Our dog and cat hate us every single time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was so distraught! Poor things! I don't really like the dr so I can't blame him!

      Delete
  2. what a weird vet visit. They've never taken my dog away from me to draw blood. They always do it in the exam room. That way I can keep him calm. Sorry it was such an ordeal for Max :(

    Sarah
    Midwest Darling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I was used to as well!! It was very bizarre! Nothing a little PB couldn't fix :)

      Delete
  3. Poor Max. Those vets sound a bit gruff. I hope you have a great time with your friend. I've used a cheap dry shampoo from Suave before. It's okay if I only use it about twice a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just spray it in and brush it out right? There are so many choices at the store!!

      Delete
  4. Poor Max! Seeing your friend from grade school will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never actually tried dry shampoo.
    We'll have to do a vet trip soon too for vaccines...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes, heavy sigh on the vaccination adventure!

      Delete

Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...